章節試閱
1-1行銷策略規劃 Marketing Strategy Planning
菜鳥心聲 Rookie Talkie
The initial meeting of the 2016 marketing strategy planning will be conducted on next Monday. I am worried about how to prepare myself. According to senior colleagues, we will be holding a series of these meetings in the upcoming weeks. The topics like core marketing strategy, promotion calendar, overall budget, and communication theme will all be covered.
下週一將召開第一次的年度行銷策略會議,我要從哪裡開始準備呢? 聽資深的同事表示,這樣的會議將在幾周內密集進行好幾次,包括整年度所有的行銷策略、活動行事曆、預算和溝通主題,全部都會被討論到。
Dialogue 1 主題對話
Where Shall I Begin?
該從哪開始?
情境說明 Situation
During the preparation of the 2016 marketing strategy planning, everyone on the marketing team is required to submit the final presentation power point slides for the secretary’s consolidation by the end of the week. The marketing manager now is dispatching the preparation assignments of the presentation slides.
在年度行銷會議準備期間,每一位行銷部同仁都要在本周之內提交簡報的最後版本檔案給秘書,讓秘書將所有的檔案進行整合。目前行銷經理正在分配同仁們各自應準備的簡報內容。
情境對話 Dialogue
Manager: Tom, please prepare the topic of “Summer Fever Party” since you are the project owner.
經理:湯姆,由於「夏日狂熱派對」的產品是由你負責上市,因此請你準備這個主題的資料。
Tom: Noted. How many pages would be enough?
Tom:請問需要幾頁的簡報?
Manager: We have 90 minutes in total for five topics, including four quarters and year-end promotion, so 10 slides for one topic would be appropriate. Usually one slide would take around 2 minutes, and we need to leave some time for answering questions.
經理:我們整體報告的時間為一個半小時,需要帶到五個主題,包含四個季節主題與年終特賣,因此每個主題約十張簡報即可。通常一張簡報的說明大約為兩分鐘,我們還需要預留一點時間讓大家提問,並予以說明。
Tom: I see. I will use one slide to cover strategy. And I will briefly cover the 6Ps like product, people, place, promotion, price and profit. But I am not sure how to present the place and forecast the profit.
Tom:了解,那麼我會用一頁的簡報說明主題策略,並以6P的分類說明產品、銷售業代(或營運人員)、銷售地點、促銷方式、新品價格與利潤。但是,我不確定要如何呈現銷售地點這部分與利潤預測。
Manager: The place, it could be introduced by 2 parts. The first part would be the launch event venue and décor. Secondly, you could present the in-store POSMs during the whole campaign period.
經理:關於銷售地點,可以呈現主要兩部分。第一部分為上市活動地點與佈置主題,另一部份為活動期間的銷售店家製作物有哪些。
Tom: Right. What about the profit?
Tom:好的,那麼在利潤的部分呢?
Manager: There are two ways to do projection -- previous showcase or competitor learning.
經理:也是兩個部分,從過去成功的上市經驗與競爭品牌的案例,來做你的預估。
Tom: For this project, what is your advice?
Tom:那麼這次的案子,您的建議是?
Manager: Although there was no identical Summer Party showcase done previously that we could check, still there was a similar summer promotion done in 2011. I suggest you have a look at it.
經理:雖然過去上市的經驗中,從未操作過完全一樣「夏日派對」的主題,不過在2011年有一個夏季促銷的活動,是一個可以參考案例。
Tom: I will consider the sales numbers from 2011 and add a bit to it. As back in 2011, we only had 11 stores, but currently we have 20 stores, so the sales base nowadays is much bigger.
Tom:我會參考2011的銷售數字之後,再增加一些。因為在2011年時,我們的銷售店家只有11家,而目前我們已經擁有20家店,銷售的基本量較往年大了許多。
Manager: Good point. But just a reminder, don’t be too aggressive about the projection. The economy is on a downturn compared to 2011, and our sales numbers compared to the same time in 2011 has declined.
經理:很好的角度。但是我也提醒你,預估數字別過度樂觀,因為時下經濟與市場較2011年時衰退,我們今年度的同期銷售數字較2011還低。
Tom: Do we have to mention media plan?
Tom:我們需要提到媒體計劃嗎?
Manager: No need to go into details due to our limit on time. Just briefly mentioning how to approach it would be ok.
經理:因為說明的時間不多,所以不需要寫到細節,只要提出會採用那些媒體即可。
Tom: Where can I obtain the gross profit margin of each product?
Tom:請問我在哪裡可以取得每一樣產品的毛利率?
Manager: You can ask Finance department to provide you the information.
經理:你可以去找財務部,他們會提供這樣的資訊。
Tom: Any other remarks?
Tom:還有其他要注意的嗎?
Manager: Not really, but maybe you could post a chart of the campaign timeline and total cost of this project.
經理:都還好。不過也許你可以加一個活動時程表,以及這個案子預算總額。
有料字彙 Vocabulary
upcoming (n.) [ˋʌp͵kʌmɪŋ] 即將到來
The company's new product will benefit future investment.
這家公司的新產品將有助於未來投資。
consolidation (n.) [kən͵sɑləˋdeʃən] 整合,強化
When it goes to consolidation, it has something to do with jointing and combining.
當談到consolidation這個詞彙,就跟「聯合」與「結合」有關。
assignment (n.) [əˋsaɪnmənt] 任務,(被分派的)工作
It was more than an assignment to host a party for that company.
幫那家公司主持派對可不只是個工作而已(更別具意義)。
POSM Point of Sales Material 銷售地點的廣告促銷物
POSM is the advertising materials that are used to communicate brand information to the consumers, including streamers and posters.
POSM指的是用來溝通品牌訊息的廣告材料,包括有橫幅長旗跟海報。
showcase (n.) [ʃo͵kes] 具優點或代表性的東西
The exhibition was a showcase for young artists.
這展覽是年輕藝術家展現才華的地方。
identical (a.) [aɪˋdɛntɪk!] 完全一樣的
These two ideas may be alike, but not identical.
這兩個想法或許很像,但並不完全一樣。
nowadays (adv.) [ˋnaʊə͵dez] 現今,時下
Office workers nowadays are under a lot more stress than ever.
現今的上班族比以往承擔了更多的壓力。
downturn (n.) [ˋdaʊntɝn] 經濟衰退
The downturn has presented a nice entry point for investors.
經濟衰退提供了投資者一個絕佳的進場時機。
profit margin 利潤率,毛利率
Profit margin can be thought as the amount of profit that a company keeps per dollar of revenue.
毛利率可以被想做是一家公司每一塊錢的收入所賺的利潤。
timeline (n.) [taɪmlaɪn] 時間表,時程表
It will be easier to memorize if you write out a timeline when you study the brand history.
當你在研究品牌歷史時,(依先後順序)畫出時間線來,會比較容易記得住。
有料句型 Sentence Pattern
句型1 æ
I suggest you … 我建議你…。
I suggest you have a look at it.
我建議你看看這個。
I suggest you bring the book back.
我建議你將書帶回來。
I suggest them cook dinner at home.
我建議他們在家煮晚餐。
句型2 æ
Although…, still… 雖然…,卻還是…。
Although there was no showcase, still there was a similar case could be check.
雖然沒有案例,但還是有個相似的案子可以參考。
Although he is ill, still he wants to go to work.
雖然他生病了,但是還是想去上班。
Although she has many shoes, still she would love to shop more.
她雖然已經有很多鞋子,卻仍然還是想買。
句型3 æ
go into details 進入細節
We should go into details today.
我們今天應該談談細節。
Let's go into details!
讓我們來討論細節吧!
I don’t think we have time to go into details.
我不認為我們有時間談細節。
知識補給 Expert Tips
Generally speaking, the marketing strategy meetings will be conducted during the second half of the year, before the year-end. Such meetings are intensively held several times in weeks. Those yearly marketing strategies won't be submitted to the headquarters until they go through several revisions, discussions, and confirmations. The strategies include quarterly marketing strategies, total budget and communication theme. Each strategy, promotion, and theme are required to fit the overall company policy and direction. For example, if the company overall direction of the year is "Youth and Innovation," then "being young and innovative" is supposed to be checked all the time in all the marketing activities and strategies.
一般來說,每一年年底前,都會進行下年度的行銷策略會議,這樣的會議通常在幾周內密集進行好幾次,最後幾經修改、討論、確認後,年度行銷策略才會提交到總部,包括每一季主要的行銷策略、預算總額和溝通主題,無須寫到太細節的執行內容,但是每一個主要行銷策略、與活動促銷與溝通方向,都也需要符合公司整體策略與方向,比如說:如公司年度整體方向為「年輕化與創新」,則所有的行銷活動與策略上,要時時檢視是否符合年輕化與創新的方向。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話
Get Started As Sooner As Possible 越早開始越好
情境說明 Situation
Steve and Richard are colleagues in the Marketing Department, and they are working on their own projects recently. One day, they happen to meet each other at staff room.
史帝夫和李察是行銷部門的同事,最近他們忙於各自的專案。有一天,他們碰巧在茶水間遇到了。
角色介紹 Characters
Steve: Responsible for promotion event planning.
史帝夫:負責促銷活動規劃。
Richard: Responsible for public relations.
李察:負責公共關係。
情境對話 Dialogues
Steve: Hey, Richard. What have you been up to lately?
史帝夫:嘿,李察。最近在忙些什麼?
Richard: Hi, Steve. Nothing special, you?
李察:嗨,史帝夫。沒什麼特別的事情,你呢?
Steve: I am doing quite well, but I heard that you are facing many questions that are still remaining unanswered.
史帝夫:還不錯啦,但是我聽說你正面臨一些懸而未決的事情呢。
Richard: Well, what else I can say? It seems that delay creating an annual marketing plan is already became our Department’s unquitable bad habit.
李察:呃,我還能說什麼?看來延遲提出年度行銷計畫,已經成了我們部門戒不掉的壞習慣了。
Steve: Well saying! I hate that, too.
史帝夫:說得好!我也很討厭這樣。
Richard: Personally, I just think we should start making any plan half year ago. Then I will have more time to come out a better annual PR plan.
李察:個人意見啦,我只是覺得我們應該提早半年就開始企畫。我才會有更多時間提出一個好的年度公關計畫。
Steve: Indeed, the annual marketing plan is everything we follow.
史帝夫:確實,年度行銷計畫是我們跟隨的依據。
Richard: I guess we have to tell our Boss together.
李察:我想我們應該一起去找主管談談。
Steve: Well, you could try it but don’t hold your breath.
史帝夫:嗯,這個嘛,你可以試啦,但是別抱太大期望。
短句補給 Useful Phrases
Well, what else I can say? 呃,我還能說什麼呢?
Well saying! 說的好!
Don’t hold your breath. 別抱太大期望了。
1-1行銷策略規劃 Marketing Strategy Planning
菜鳥心聲 Rookie Talkie
The initial meeting of the 2016 marketing strategy planning will be conducted on next Monday. I am worried about how to prepare myself. According to senior colleagues, we will be holding a series of these meetings in the upcoming weeks. The topics like core marketing strategy, promotion calendar, overall budget, and communication theme will all be covered.
下週一將召開第一次的年度行銷策略會議,我要從哪裡開始準備呢? 聽資深...
作者序
擔任公關的職場生涯中,曾經遇過各式各樣大小的突發狀況,以及各種類型的活動,公關的角色確實相當不容易,除了面面俱到,又得因應法規、人情、媒體、消費者、公司主管等多方的壓力,一路走來,很希望有機會能將所歷練過的經驗,能夠分享給剛剛進入公關領域的人,讓後進能借由這本書,從中得到許多平日字典裡查不到,且真實職場上常用的英文敘述,用簡單的對話,一一清楚地呈現出在大型外商企業環境中,各自角色的扮演,以及職責分擔,內文中所有的對話情節,皆非杜撰,都是真實發生過的案例,也可供給大家日後在處理相關的事件上,多一些考慮與參考的方向。
江昀璂
作者序2
公關界流行一句話:「公關就是企業的最佳化妝師!」由此可見,公關對企業的重要不言可喻。而行銷,是影響人們生活的至要商業活動;消費者的許多購買決策,殊不知其實是受了行銷人員的左右。
《行銷公關英語》將行銷與公關行業常見的實務場景,以國際語言—英語撰寫而成,相信可以幫助許多正在,或者是想要踏入這個行業的讀者,增進相關的英語實力。
胥淑嵐
擔任公關的職場生涯中,曾經遇過各式各樣大小的突發狀況,以及各種類型的活動,公關的角色確實相當不容易,除了面面俱到,又得因應法規、人情、媒體、消費者、公司主管等多方的壓力,一路走來,很希望有機會能將所歷練過的經驗,能夠分享給剛剛進入公關領域的人,讓後進能借由這本書,從中得到許多平日字典裡查不到,且真實職場上常用的英文敘述,用簡單的對話,一一清楚地呈現出在大型外商企業環境中,各自角色的扮演,以及職責分擔,內文中所有的對話情節,皆非杜撰,都是真實發生過的案例,也可供給大家日後在處理相關的事件上,多一些...
目錄
1. Marketing ╱行銷
1-1 行銷策略規劃 Marketing Strategy Planning
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 01
Where Shall I Begin?
該從哪開始?
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 02
Get Started As Sooner As Possible.
越早開始越好
1-2 市場與競爭品牌分析 Market Analysis
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 03
I'll Try to Use Some Connections to Gather all of that!
我會試著透過關係收集那些的!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 04
Keep Your Eyes On The Competitors.
緊盯你的對手
1-3 目標消費群分析 Concept Testing
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 05
Find Your Potential Customers!
找出你的潛在客戶群!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 06
Who Should Be The Target Audience Of Canned Coffee?
誰才是罐裝咖啡的目標族群?
1-4 品牌策略 Brand Strategy
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 07
Launching a New Brand Is Like Giving a Birth to a Child!
為一個新品牌催生,就像是生個小孩一樣辛苦!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 08
What Does a Brand Strategy Cover?
品牌策略包含哪些?
1-5 品牌策略調整 Brand Strategy Adjustment
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 09
The Problem Did Not Begin Just Yesterday!
這問題已經不是一天兩天的事了!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 10
Make a Combination Of Brand Sprit And Dreams.
結合品牌精神與夢想
1-6 產品價格與促銷 Price & Promotion
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 11
This Is The Hardest Part!
這是最困難的部分了!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 12
What Kinds Of Products Need Be Promoted All The Time?
什麼產品需要經常促銷?
1-7 產品測試 Product Testing
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 13
Which Would Attract You More?
哪個比較吸引你?
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 14
It Indeed Is a Warning.
這的確是個警訊!
2. Advertising ╱廣告
2-1 主視覺拍攝 Key Visual Shooting
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 15
Retouching Is Needed for That.
那個修片是一定要的。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 16
Tomorrow Is The Commercial Shooting Day.
明天就是廣告拍攝日了。
2-2 素材租用 Advertising Materials
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 17
Make It Localize!
把素材本土化!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 18
Pay Attention To Contract And Quotation.
留意合約與報價單
2-3 廣告物製作 POSM
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 19
Printing 10 Posters Sometimes Is Exactly the Same Price As Printing 80 Copies.
印十張海報有時跟印八十張價錢是一樣的。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 20
We’d Better Put a Warning Here.
我們最好在這裡加註警語。
3. Media Buy ╱媒體採購
3-1 媒體計劃 Media Plan
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 21
It's All about the Budget!
一切都是預算的關係!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 22
Where to Announce The Advertisements?
應該在哪裡刊登廣告?
3-2 採購與評估 Media Buying & Evaluation
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 23
It's Not Really Driving Product Sales.
其實,那並不見得會有助於產品銷售。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 24
If It Doesn’t Work Out, We Can Change to Others.
如果沒有效果的話,我們可以改成其他媒體。
3-3 媒體關係 Media Relation
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 25
Sometimes They Write the Things I Told Them Not to Write.
有時候,他們會寫些我不要他們寫的。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 26
Try to Improve The Relationship With Medias.
試著增進媒體關係。
4. PR Agency ╱公關公司
4-1 公關公司管理 PR Agency
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 27
I Believe This Project Is in Good Hands.
我相信,這案子大家都會處理妥當。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 28
Set the PR Goals
設定公關目標
4-2 上市記者會安排 Press Conference
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 29
We Are Going to Wrap the Whole Thing in Mystery.
我們要把這整個弄的很神秘。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 30
Wish You Can Make It on Time.
希望你們可以及時趕上。
4-3 展覽活動策劃 Road Show
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 31
Make Sure It's Supported with Proper Merchandising and Staffing.
要確定有適當的貨品陳列和人力配置。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 32
I Have a Bottleneck In This Project.
我遇到瓶頸了。
4-4 新聞稿與聲明稿 News Release & Statement
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 33
Timing Is Crucial.
時間點很重要。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 34
Shift Focus to a New Subject? I Like It!
轉移焦點? 我喜歡!
4-5 危機處理 Crisis Intervention
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 35
A Complaint Could Become A Crisis If You Don't Handle It Properly.
沒處理好的話,小抱怨可能變成大危機。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 36
I Got A Customer Complaint Call…
我接到一通客訴的電話…
5. Internet Marketing ╱網路行銷
5-1 官網整合 Official Website
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 37
We Are Going to Launch This Site in December!
我們要在十二月啟用這網站!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 38
Will It Create Clash Feeling to Customers?
會讓顧客感覺到衝突嗎?
5-2 社群網站 Social Media
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 39
More And More Investment in Digital Channels.
對數位媒體的投資越來越多了。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 40
How’s The Effectiveness of the Advertisement on Social Networks?
社交網站廣告的成效如何?
5-3 電子商務 e-Commerce
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 41
Over 65% of People in Taiwan Have Experienced Online Shopping.
在台灣,百分之六十五的人嘗試過線上購物。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 42
Let’s Say a Group Buying Event?
辦團購吧?
5-4 電子商務會員 e-Commerce Members
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 43
People Is the Most Valuable Asset!
人,是最有價值的資產!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 44
Our Customers Care More About…
客戶在意更多的是…
6. CSR ╱企業社會形象
6-1 品牌活動贊助 Sponsorship
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 45
Where Would Our Brand Logo Be If We Sponsor You in All That?
如果我們贊助這些的話,我們的logo會放在哪裡呢?
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 46
We Continue to Sponsor?
繼續贊助嗎?
6-2 品牌Logo與代言人 Brand Endorser
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 47
We Need A Golden Team To make Sure She looks Great.
我們需要一個黃金團隊確保她看起來很棒。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 48
Choose A Brand Ambassador.
選一個品牌代言人。
6-3 慈善活動 Charity Projects
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 49
Those Previous Photos Did Not Look Good Or Attract Media Attention.
過去那些照片不是很上相,也不夠吸引媒體注意。
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 50
The Originally Planned Celebrity On The A-List Cannot Come.
原定的A咖藝人不能來了。
1. Marketing ╱行銷
1-1 行銷策略規劃 Marketing Strategy Planning
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 01
Where Shall I Begin?
該從哪開始?
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 02
Get Started As Sooner As Possible.
越早開始越好
1-2 市場與競爭品牌分析 Market Analysis
Dialogue 1 主題對話 TRACK 03
I'll Try to Use Some Connections to Gather all of that!
我會試著透過關係收集那些的!
Dialogue 2 延伸對話 TRACK 04
Keep Your Eyes On The Competitors.
緊盯你的對手
1-3 目標消費群分析 Concept Testing
Dialogue 1 主...