誰說一個問句,只能有一種標準問法??
誰說一個問句,只能有一種標準回答??美國人一天平均會問多少個問題,又會回答多少個答案?
Yes, No, Maybe so! 回答可以一本正經、可以充滿心機、也可以幽默風趣。捨棄教課書式回答,才能成為英語社交高手。
請問,學習英語多年的你,是否曾經碰過以下狀況?
狀況A:跟來自國外的友人聊天時,他們聽得懂你問的問題,但他們的回答卻讓 你一頭霧水,明明每個單字好像都學過,可是放在同一個句子裡,卻讓你百思不得其解。
狀況B:本來對自己的英語能力很有自信的你,千里迢迢到了歐洲或美國旅遊時,卻發現自己說的英語,根本跟當地人道地的英語差了十萬八千里。最糟糕的是,你想問路、點餐或是跟當地人用英語閒聊兩句時,他們根本搞不清楚你到底要表達的意思是什麼。
如果你曾經遇過上述任何一個狀況,別擔心,你不是英語能力不夠好,而是學習的英語不夠豐富多元。也許你從小到大都是用功的好學生,但你可能總是侷限於填鴨式的英語教學,導致與外國人對話時,腦中只會浮現出教科書的制式問答,脫口而出的英語當然也不夠道地,因為這些都是你從課本上死記硬背而來的內容。也許你會認為,從來沒有出國留學的自己,到底要怎樣才能學習像老外一樣道地的英語?別擔心,從今天開始…
不用出國,也可學英語Q&A:1. 4大分類、50個情境,1天24小時說英語
只要與「人」互動,就需要Q&A。本書分五大類,七十個情境,超過四百個美國人天天都必須回答的問題。不論職場工作、人際關係、海外旅遊、購物殺價等需要與「人」溝通的狀況,都能應對自如。
2. 思想坦克(Think Tank),收錄所有可能的Q&A問答
英語的Think Tank就是「智囊團」。本書捨棄教科書式一問一答的刻板模式。每個問題,皆提供多種回答,不論回答是肯定、否定或是猶豫不決,思想坦克都能提供解答,英語表達力保證與美國人一樣活靈活現。
3. 問答小提示,輕鬆成為英語社交高手
每個問答除了解釋常用片語外,並補充「對話小心機」,提示最適合的使用時機及場合。每個問題提供的多個回答選項中,貼心標注「有禮」與「無禮」的符號,從此不再當個英語門外漢,保證對答如流,脫口秀英語。
英語想要說得好,就要像美國人一樣思考!
只要掌握有問有答的英語Q&A,你就可以成為最受老外歡迎的社交高手!很多人都有曾經在社交場合中出糗的經驗。其實,不同場合需要使用不同的說話語氣,有些人在正式場合拼命想展現自己的幽默感,因而弄巧成拙;有些人為了炫耀自己的英語能力,使用不合時宜的句子或單詞,造成班門弄斧的反效果;更有些人連在哪種場合該使用哪種語氣的句子都搞不清楚。別擔心,《美國大街小巷都在用的英語問答Q&A》就是要告訴你,如何在正確場合使用最符合時宜的會話:
正式場合:不論肯定回答或否定拒絕,態度一定要堅定有禮。表明重點並堅持自己的立場才是唯一準則。
社交場合:社交場合的語氣可以輕鬆隨性。適度展現幽默感可以讓自己成為受歡迎的人物。然而,開玩笑時切忌尖酸刻薄,也要避免戳他人痛處。
旅遊娛樂:當身旁圍繞著自己的親朋好友時,當然可以盡情表達自己的想法,開口也不必字字斟酌。這個時候就不需害怕展現自己一口道地的英語。
還在擔心在正式場合說錯話嗎?本書貼心地將所有答案依序排列,從「有禮」~「無禮」,以「笑臉」和「哭臉」符號標示,保證從此不再說錯話!!
社交場合保證不冷場的6大Q&A技巧:1. 以英語問句引導回答,說出一口最道地的英語。
2. 依照日常生活一定會碰到的狀況分類,方便迅速查找。
3. 條列式例舉各種可能的回答,各種疑難雜症一次解決。
4. 告別一板一眼的回答方式,多元活潑學習英語進退對應。
5. 貼心設計「有禮」與「無禮」標示,各式場合絕不出糗。
6. 完整實用的補充,教你「見人說人話」的談話心機。
分類最完整.情境最活潑.內容最全面.問句最詳細.補充最實用.回答最多元
作者簡介:
蔣志榆
■ 著有金石堂、博客來網路書店及各大連鎖書店暢銷書《躺著背單字7000》、《史上最強7000單字》、《史上最強NEW TOEIC新多益單字》、《單字王》、《躺著背單字2000》、《洋蔥頭說英文》、《30天「聽」出英語力》、《上班族必備單字》、《連老外都在用的英語「國民會話」大全集》、《連老外都在用
的字根、字首、字尾大全集》及《考來考去都考這3,000單字》等。
■ 另著有《給過了20歲才決定學好英文的人們:用「4週黃金英文學習計劃表」改變一生》、《躺著背單字TOEFL iBT托福》、《躺著背單字NEW TOEIC新多益》、《一生必學的英文字首字根字尾》、《牛津英語教授告訴你全世界都在用的300個單字》、《連老外都在用的英文書信大全集》、《進入社會必修的8個英文學分》、《900單字考遍天下》、《考來考去都考這些文法》、《考來考去都考這些新多益單字》、《考來考去都考這些片語》、《上班族常用關鍵字3000》、《用耳朵背片語》、《單字王MP3加強版》、《電腦嚴選新多益NEW TOEIC必考單字》、《專為台灣人寫的職場英語》、《完全命中7000單字》、《1次1分鐘「說」英語力》、《史上最強2000單字》、《英語大師的單字記憶法》、《躺著學文法MP3加強版》、《邊上班邊背單字》、《完全命中英文文法》、《上班族常用動詞》、《完全命中托福單字》、《上班族必備會話》、《網路聊天必備短句》、《最易犯錯的句子》、《句型王》、《片語王》、《單字王口袋書》、《文法王口袋書》、《句型王口袋書》、《片語王口袋書》、《哈燒英文句型》、《英文單字IN起來》、《英文文法IN起來》、《英文句IN起來》。
作者序
有一次我在路上碰到一位自己在補習班教過的學生,這位學生穿著學校制服,正比手畫腳地跟一位拿著地圖的老外對話。這位學生平時上課都很專心聽講,下課也常針對艱深的課程提出問題,平時考試成績不錯,在校的英文成績也很理想,是一位標準的用功學生。但面對老外的他在當時卻顯得十分慌亂,不只臉紅氣喘,還雙手抓頭,一副不知如何是好的樣子。我見狀,立刻走到他身邊試著幫忙。一問之下,才知道原來我的學生非常熱心,一看到這位手拿地圖,狀似迷路的老外,不經思索便走上前詢問這位外國人是否需要幫助。
令這位學生不知所措的是,平常對自己英語能力很有信心的他,一開始自信滿滿地問老外需不需要幫忙,沒想到老外一開口回應,他才發現自己根本聽不懂這位外國人在說什麼。我聞言,立刻詢問這位外國人需要什麼樣的幫助。以下是我與這位老外的對話:
I:How may I help you? Are you lost?
Foreigner:Umm… Not really. I am just trying to grab a bite to eat. Do you have any clue if there are nice places for Chinese cuisine?
I:Actually, If you like Chinese food such as steamed pork buns and wontons, there is a great Chinese restaurant right across the street.
Foreigner:You don’t happen to know their opening hours, do you?
I:As a matter of fact, I do. They open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Foreigner:Great! Many thanks.
以下是我與這位老外的對話中譯:
我:有什麼我可以幫忙的嗎?你迷路了嗎?
老外:呃…不算迷路啦。我只是想找地方吃點東西。你知道附近有哪些供應中國美食的好地方嗎?
我:其實,如果你喜歡像是鮮肉包或是餛飩之類的中國菜,對面就有一家很棒的中國餐廳。
老外:你不會剛好知道他們的營業時間吧!
我:事實上,我知道。他們營業時間是早上十一點到晚上十一點。
老外:太好了。多謝。
回答這位老外的問題後,我好奇地問這位學生到底老外說的那一句話讓他聽不懂。原來,他聽不懂的地方是”grab a bite to eat”以及”have any clue”,這位學生說:「我瞭解句子的每個單字,可是合併後,怎麼這麼難懂啊?」其實,”grab a bite to eat”是老外很常用的一個片語,意思是「吃點東西」;而”have any clue”就是「知道、瞭解」的意思。
聽完我的解釋後,這位學生皺眉,一臉苦惱地對我說:「為什麼他不直接說”I want to eat something. Do you know any good Chinese restaurants?”呢?課本上都是這樣教的啊?」
沒錯!台灣學生學習英語的詬病就是:「教課書就是這樣教的,我只要背下來,考試保證可以考高分!」受到這種過於重視考試成績的文化影響下,許多台灣學生只要熟知題型,並將教課書及參考書背得滾瓜爛熟,就可以成為考試拿高分的高手。但是真正碰到必須活用英語的情況時,卻支支吾吾,無法將考試的技巧應用在日常對話中。
從事補教業多年,我深知台灣學生學習英語的障礙及通病。因此,幾經思索後,我決定與我識出版社的編輯企劃這本《美國大街小巷都在用的英語問答Q&A》,徹底破解一個問題只能有一種回答的迷思。
本書分「交談禮儀」、「日常生活」、「旅遊指南」、「休閒娛樂」及「情緒表達」5大類,70個情境,收錄超過400個問題。每個問題的回答方式豐富又多元,不管回答是肯定、否定、甚至猶豫不決,本書一一提供你解答。每個回答依照「有禮 ~ 無禮」的程度依序排列。從此不論你在「較正式」或「較隨性」的場合,都可以依照口氣及禮貌程度選用最適合的回答,保證讓所有人刮目相看。
不論你是從沒出國留學過的英語學習者,還是接受填鴨式教育多年的台灣讀者,甚至是英語程度不錯,但仍想加強自己對話技巧的讀者,我們相信,有了本書的幫助,你絕對可以循序漸進地提升自己的溝通能力。在此,預祝所有讀者都能成為最受老外歡迎的社交高手。
有一次我在路上碰到一位自己在補習班教過的學生,這位學生穿著學校制服,正比手畫腳地跟一位拿著地圖的老外對話。這位學生平時上課都很專心聽講,下課也常針對艱深的課程提出問題,平時考試成績不錯,在校的英文成績也很理想,是一位標準的用功學生。但面對老外的他在當時卻顯得十分慌亂,不只臉紅氣喘,還雙手抓頭,一副不知如何是好的樣子。我見狀,立刻走到他身邊試著幫忙。一問之下,才知道原來我的學生非常熱心,一看到這位手拿地圖,狀似迷路的老外,不經思索便走上前詢問這位外國人是否需要幫助。
令這位學生不知所...
目錄
使用說明
作者序
交談禮儀 Daily Conversations
01|打招呼Saying Hello
1. How are you doing? 最近好嗎?
2. How’s your day? 今天過得怎麼樣?
3. How’s it going? 近況如何?
4. How do you do? 你好嗎?
5. Hello! 哈囉!
6. How are you? 你好嗎?
02|天氣 Talking about The weather
1. How is the weather? 天氣如何?
2. The weather seems sunny today. What should I wear? 今天天氣似乎很好。我該穿什麼呢?
3. It looks like it is raining. What should I wear? 看起來要下雨。我該穿什麼呢?
4. Is the typhoon going to hit Taiwan? 颱風會侵襲臺灣嗎?
5. It seems to be clearing up. What do you think? 天氣好像要轉晴了。你認為呢?
6. It looks like it’s going to be sunny. What will you do? 今天好像會是晴天。你要做什麼呢?
03|自我介紹 Self Introduction
1. My name is William. Nice to meet you. 我是威廉。很高興見到你。
2. Do you want to hang out some other time? 你想找時間出去玩嗎?
3. Are you married? 你結婚了嗎?
4. My favorite pastime is dancing. How about you? 我最喜歡的娛樂是跳舞,你呢?
5. My favorite sport is football. How about you? 我最喜歡的運動是足球,你呢?
6. How many people are there in your family? 你家有多少人?
04|待會見 See you later
1. I had a great time with you. See you later. 和你在一起真高興。待會見。
2. Do you want to hang out some other time? 你想找時間出去玩嗎?
3. Do you have plans for the weekend? 你週末有何計畫?
4. What should we do after school? 放學後我們該做什麼?
5. Why don’t we go to movies together? 我們何不去看電影呢?
6. Where did you go last week? 上周你去哪了?
05|時間 Expressing Time
1. What time is it? 現在幾點了?
2. Why are you late for school/office? 你為什麼上學/上班遲到?
3. Do I have time to get a cup of coffee? 我有時間喝杯咖啡嗎?
4. What do you do in your spare time? 你沒事的時候都做些什麼?
5. What do you during work? 你上班時間都做什麼?
6. When does summer vacation start? 暑假什麼時候開始?
06|問方向 Asking for directions
1. I think we are lost. What should we do? 我覺得我們迷路了,我們該怎麼辦?
2. Excuse me. Could you please tell me how to get to Taipei 101? 對不起,你能告訴我怎樣去臺北101嗎?
3. Could you show me the way to the central park? 你能告訴我去中央公園的路嗎?
4. Does this bus go to The Peninsula? 這輛公車會到半島酒店嗎?
5. How far is it to the Universal Studio? 到環球影城有多遠?
6. Excuse me. I’m trying to find my way to the flower market. 對不起。請問去花市的路怎麼走?
07|道歉 Making Apologies
1. Sorry that I didn’t yield my seat to you earlier. 對不起,這麼晚才讓座給你。
2. Excuse me. May I interrupt you for a second? 對不起,我能打斷你一下嗎?
3. Could you forgive me for being this late last time? 你能原諒我上次遲到嗎?
4. Did you lose the magazine I lent you last week? 你是不是把我上星期借你的雜誌給弄丟了?
5. Do you not find your words a little rude? 你難道不覺得你的話有點粗魯(無禮)嗎?
6. I’ve come to apologize. I forgot to call you back last night. Could you forgive
me? 我是來道歉的,我昨晚忘了回你電話。
08|道謝 Showing Gratitude
1. Here you are. This is gift for your birthday. Do you like it? 喏。這是給你的生日禮物,喜歡嗎?
2. Oh, no! You sprained your ankle. Can I do anything to help? 哦,真糟糕,你扭傷了你的腳踝。我能幫你什麼嗎?
3. How come you look prettier and prettier every day? 你怎麼愈來愈漂亮?
4. Thanks for helping my grandmother find her way home. Would you have supper with me? 謝謝你幫我奶奶找到回家的路,我能邀你共進晚餐嗎?
5. Do you mind if I help you wash your car? 你介意我幫你洗車嗎?
6. Thank you for carrying my bag for me. Is it heavy? 謝謝你幫我提購物袋。袋子重嗎?
09|年齡 Conversations about Age
1. How old are you? 你多大了?
2. You look younger than your age. 你看起來比實際年齡年輕耶。
3. When will you get married? 你什麼時候會結婚?
4. When were you born? 你什麼時候出生的?
5. How old is your child? 你孩子多大了?
6. When do you want to have a baby? 你什麼時候要生小孩?
10|問工作 Conversations about Jobs
1. What do you do for a living? 你是做什麼工作的?
2. Do you like your job? 你喜歡你的工作嗎?
3. Do you get along with your colleagues? 你和你的同事處得還好嗎?
4. What kind of jobs do you like? 你喜歡什麼樣的工作?
5. Can you fix me up with a full—time job? 可以幫我安排一份全職工作嗎?
6. Which city do you want to work in? 你想在哪個城市工作?
11|接受/拒絕邀約 Acceptance & Rejection
1. Can I take you to dinner tonight? 今晚能不能請你一起用餐?
2. Would you be free to come to a book show on Saturday? 你星期六有空去看書展嗎?
3. Do you feel like going to the new restaurant? 去那家新餐廳吃飯如何?
4. Would you like to go shopping with me tomorrow? 明天我們一起去逛街好嗎?
5. Let’s go and watch a football game. 我們一起去看足球比賽吧。
6. What about playing tennis now? 現在一起打網球怎麼樣?
12|祝賀 Expressing wishes & regrets
1. Congratulations on getting a job. 恭喜你找到工作。
2. Best wishes. Happy birthday. 祝你生日快樂。
3. I have good news. I just got promoted. 告訴你一個好消息,我剛剛被升職了。
4. Could you attend my wedding? 你能參加我的婚禮嗎?
5. I got first place in this exam. Finally! 這次考試我考了第一名。終於!
6. Have you heard about the football game? We won! 你聽到足球比賽的結果了嗎?我們贏了!
13|節慶祝福 Holiday Wishes
1. Merry Christmas. 聖誕快樂。
2. Happy New Year. 新年快樂。
3. Today is Mother’s Day. Do you have a special plan for your Mom? 今天是母親節。你有為媽媽準備特別的計畫嗎?
4. Happy Labor Day. 勞動節快樂。
5. Today is Arbor Day. What are you going to do? 今天是植樹節,你有什麼打算嗎?
6. Happy April Fool’s Day. 愚人節快樂!
日常生活 Daily Activities
01|起床 Getting up
1. Did you brush your teeth yet? 你已經刷過牙了嗎?
2. Are you going to get dressed for work? 你穿好衣服準備要上班了嗎?
3. Is it time to get up? 現在該起床了嗎?
4. Did you have breakfast yet? 你已經吃過早飯了嗎?
5. Have you tidied up your room? 你整理你的房間了嗎?
6. What are you going to do after getting up? 起床後你要做什麼?
02|早餐 Having Breakfast
1. Are you ready for breakfast? 你準備用早餐了嗎?
2. What do you like to eat for breakfast? 你早餐喜歡吃什麼?
3. Coffee or tea for breakfast? 早餐想喝咖啡還是茶?
4. Do you need cream and sugar for your coffee? 你的咖啡要加奶球和糖嗎?
5. How did you like your eggs? 你覺得你的雞蛋味道怎麼樣?
6. Is there anything wrong with your breakfast? 你的早餐有問題嗎?
03|交通工具 Transportations
1. How do you get to the office? 你怎麼去上班?
2. Do you own a car? 你有汽車嗎?
3. Why don’t you drive to work? 你為什麼不開車上班?
4. Which kind of transportations do you like? 你喜歡哪一種交通工具?
5. What do you think about this city’s traffic system? 你覺得這個城市的交通系統怎麼樣?
6. What do you think about driving a car in the city? 你認為在市區開汽車怎麼樣?
04|撘乘計程車 Taking a Taxi
1. Taxi, Can you take me to the British Museum? 計程車,可以載我去大英博物館嗎?
2. How exactly do you calculate the taxi fare? 您是怎樣計算車費的?
3. Did you call a taxi? 你叫計程車嗎?
4. How long will it take to get there? 去那裡要多久?
5. Can you stop right over there for a moment? 你可以在前面停一下車嗎?
6. How much should I pay? 我該付多少錢?
05|搭乘捷運 At the MRT/Subway Station
1. Where should I get a ticket for MRT? 我到哪買捷運票?
2. What’s wrong with the MRT? 捷運發生什麼問題?
3. When does the MRT stop running? 捷運什麼時候停駛?
4. How long does it take to the destination by MRT? 搭乘捷運到達目的地需要多少時間?
5. Does the MRT supply food services? 捷運供應食物嗎?
6. Can I drink my soda on MRT? 我可以在捷運上喝飲料嗎?
06|電話 Making Telephone calls
1. Can I speak to Lucy? 請問露西在嗎?
2. Can I leave a message? 我能留個言嗎?
3. I’m afraid you have the wrong number. 恐怕你打錯電話了吧。
4. Manager is not available at the moment. 經理現在沒空。
5. Hello, is that Jamie? 你好,是傑米嗎?
6. Hello Jim, what’s up? 你好,吉姆,怎麼了?
07|辦公室 In The Office
1. Why are you late to the office? 為什麼你上班遲到呢?
2. Did I have any phone call? 有沒有我的電話?
3. What is today’s schedule? 今天的行程是什麼?
4. Is there something on your mind? 你在想什麼?
5. Why did the manager yell at you? 為什麼經理對你大吼?
6. How is the meeting going? 會議進行得怎麼樣?
08|學校 At School
1. Why didn’t you do well on the final exam? 你為什麼沒在期末考沒考好?
2. Have you finished your homework? 你的作業寫完了嗎?
3. What’s your favorite subject? Why? 你最喜歡哪一學科?為什麼?
4. Do you like your teacher? 你喜歡你的老師嗎?
5. Do you live on campus? 你住在學校嗎?
6. Do you always go to library? 你經常去圖書館嗎?
09|圖書館 At Library
1. How may I help you? 我能能幫你嗎?
2. Why are your books overdue? 你的書為什麼逾期未還?
3. Can you recommend a top selling novel? 你可以推薦一本最暢銷的書嗎?
4. I’m looking for thrillers, can you help me? 我在找驚悚類的書籍,你能幫我嗎?
5. What kind of books are you interested in? 你喜歡哪類書呢?
6. How long am I allowed to keep the books for? 書可以借多久呢?
10|超市 At a Supermarket
1. How do you like going shopping in the supermarket? 你喜歡在超市購物嗎?
2. Where can I find the information desk? 在哪裡可以找到服務台?
3. What can I do for you? 我可以為你做點什麼嗎?
4. Do you need plastic bags? 你要塑膠袋嗎?
5. Do you pay in cash or by credit card? 你付現還是刷卡?
6. I want to buy a Jacket, can you give me some advice? 我想買一件夾克,你能給我一些意見嗎?
11|醫院 In a Hospital
1. What is wrong with you? 你怎麼了?
2. Why did you go to the hospital? 你為什麼去醫院呢?
3. What a surprise meet you here? 在這裡見到你有點意外?
4. What do think of the hospital? 你認為這間醫院怎麼樣?
5. What about the patient’s status? 病人的情況如何?
6. Do you know the doctor? 你認識這位醫生嗎?
12|銀行 In a Bank
1. Good morning, may I help you? 早安,有什麼可以為您效勞的?
2. Which foreign currency would you like? 你想開那種外幣帳戶?
3. What kind of service(s) does the bank offer? 銀行提供哪幾種業務?
4. Why didn’t the bank do business? 為什麼這間銀行沒營業?
5. What can I do for you? 我能為你做點什麼嗎?
6. What kind of investment(s) do you offer in the bank? 銀行提供哪幾種投資?
13|郵局 In a Post Office
1. How do you want to send your mail? 你想怎麼寄送信件?
2. Where’s the parcel post counter, please? 寄包裹的櫃檯在哪裡?
3. Is there anything I can do for you? 有什麼能幫你的嗎?
4. Should I show my ID if I send money? 如果我要匯錢我是否要出示身份證?
5. What can I do for you? 我可以幫忙嗎?
6. Can I have this money order cashed? 我可以在這裡兌現這張匯票嗎?
14|便利商店
1. What do you want to buy? 你想要買什麼?
2. I would like to buy a file holder, can you give a recommendation? 我想買個檔案夾,你有推薦的嗎?
3. How much do they cost totally? 一共多少錢?
4. How would you pay for it? 你要怎麼付款?
5. Can I have some root beer? 有沙士嗎?
6. What’s the special for today? 今天有什麼特價品嗎?
15|上床睡覺 Going to bed
1. What’s the time now? I’m sleepy. 現在幾點了?我想睡了。
2. May I watch TV before I go to bed? 睡覺前可以看電視嗎?
3. What do you usually do before you sleep? 睡覺前你通常會做什麼?
4. Can I eat something before I go to bed? 上床之前我可以吃點東西嗎?
5. Why did you decide to go to bed so early today? 為什麼今天決定這麼早睡覺?
6. What kind of stories do you like to listen to before you go to bed? 睡覺前你喜歡聽哪一種故事?
旅遊須知 Travel Guides & Information
01|訂票 Ordering Tickets
1. How may I help you? 有什麼能為您效勞的嗎?
2. One way or round trip ticket? 單程票還是來回票?
3. Do you prefer a direct flight? 你比較偏好直飛班機嗎?
4. Are there any discount tickets available? 還有折扣票嗎?
5. What’s the fare to Los Angeles, first class? 飛往洛杉磯的頭等艙票價是多少?
6. Have you ordered the tickets? 你訂好票了嗎?
7. South Air. Can I help you? 南方航空公司。我可以為你服務嗎?
02|機場 In the Airport
1. How may I help you? 我可以為你服務嗎?
2. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat? 你偏好靠窗還是靠走道的座位?
3. Is the flight going to take off on time? 航班會準時起飛嗎?
4. When can we board the plane? 我們什麼時候登機?
5. Will you be traveling first class or economy? 你是坐頭等艙還是經濟艙?
6. Do you have any luggage to check in? 你還有其他行李要登記嗎?
7. What time should I check in? 什麼時候辦理登機手續?
03|飛機上 On the Plane
1. Could I have a blanket, please? 能給我一條毯子嗎?
2. Do you mind switching seats? 介意換一下位子嗎?
3. What kind of meals will be served on the plane? 飛機提供什麼餐點?
4. Could I use the toilet now? 我現在可以使用洗手間嗎?
5. The kids are making loud noises. Is there anything you can do about it? 小朋友太吵,你有辦法解決嗎?
6. What can I do to kill time on the airplane? 在飛機上,我能做些什麼消磨時間呢?
04|海關 At the customs
1. What do you have in your bag? 你的袋子裝了些什麼?
2. How many bags do you have? 你有幾件行李?
3. Why do you come to Los Angeles? 你為什麼來洛杉磯?
4. Do you have anything to declare? 你有什麼要申報的嗎?
5. How long will you stay? 你會待多久?
6. Do you have any relatives in United States? 你在美國有沒有親戚?
05|火車旅遊 Traveling by Train
1. Which train do I take to Barcelona? 去巴塞隆納要坐哪一班火車?
2. When will we get to our destination? 我們什麼時候抵達目的地?
3. What’s the round-trip fare? 來回票多少錢?
4. Who is traveling with you? 誰和你一塊旅遊?
5. Do I have to change trains? 需要換車嗎?
6. Should I reserve seats on the train? 我應該預訂火車車票嗎?
06|訂位 Making reservations
1. How many seats do you need? 您需要幾個位置?
2. Do you prefer a smoking or a non-smoking area? 您比較喜歡吸菸區還是禁菸區?
3. All tables are booked. 所有的桌位都被預訂一空。
4. Do you prefer a window table? 你想要一張靠窗的桌子嗎?
5. What is the dress code? 建議穿著什麼樣的服裝?
6. What kind of centerpiece do you prefer? 你喜歡哪種餐桌擺飾?
07|餐廳 In a restaurant
1. Are you ready to order? 可以點餐了嗎?
2. Can I get you something to drink? 你要喝些什麼嗎?
3. Do you feel like starting with some appetizers? 你想先來些開胃菜嗎?
4. How would you like your steak to be cooked? 您的牛排要幾分熟?
5. Can you recommend some delicious dishes? 你能推薦一些好吃的餐點嗎?
6. Do you accept credit cards? 你們接受信用卡付款嗎?
08|速食餐廳 In a fast food restaurant
1. How may I help you? 我可以為你服務嗎?
2. Is it for here or to go? 這裡用餐還是外帶?
3. Do you feel like upgrading your drinks and fries? 你想升級你的飲料和薯條嗎?
4. Can I have extra cream cheese for the bagel? 我的貝果可以多加一份奶油起司嗎?
5. Can I use my coupons? 我可以用我的優惠券嗎?
6. These two drinks, which one do you like more? 這兩種飲料,你喜歡哪一種?
09|訂房 Making Hotel Reservations
1. Do you have any special requests? 你有其他特殊要求嗎?
2. I would like to book a double-bed room, please. 我想訂一間有雙人床的房間。
3. Can I see your ID number, please? 我可以看一下你的身份證號嗎?
4. What facilities are free for hotel quests? 飯店住客可以免費使用哪些飯店設施呢?
5. How long will you stay here? 你將在這裡住幾天?
6. How many people? 一共有多少人?
10|飯店住房退房 Hotel Check In & Check Out
1. How may I help you? 我能幫你什麼忙嗎?
2. How many days will you stay here? 你準備在這裡住幾天?
3. Can I see your ID and credit card, please? 可以讓我看一下你的證件和信用卡嗎?
4. Is there anything I can do for you? 我能為你做些什麼嗎?
5. What’s the check-in and check-out policy? 登記住房和退房的政策是什麼?
6. What’s the cancellation policy? 取消訂房的政策是什麼?
11|取消訂票定位 Canceling Reservations
1. Why did you cancel the ticket for the train ? 你為什麼要取消火車票?
2. When did Mr.Wang canceled the reservation in Four Seasons Hotel? 王先生什麼時候取消他在四季酒店的訂房(訂位)?
3. Sir, I need to cancel my reservation for tonight. 先生,我必須取消今晚的訂位。
4. Hello, can I cancel my reservation of my ticket? 你好,我能取消訂票嗎?
5. Why did you cancel the booking of the air ticket? 你為什麼取消機票?
6. How did you cancel the hotel reservation? 你怎麼取消飯店訂房?
12|免稅商店 In a Duty Free Shop
1. How much is the Infinity night cream? 這款「永恆」的晚霜定價是多少?
2. When does the Duty Free Shop close? 免稅商店什麼時候關門?
3. Why do people like to buy liquor in the duty free shop? 為什麼大家喜歡到免稅商店買酒精飲料?
4. Hello, this is duty free shop, what can I do for you? 你好,這是免稅商店,有什麼可以幫你的嗎?
5. What do you think of this suit? 這件西裝怎麼樣?
6 What do you think about the duty free shop? 你覺得免稅商店怎麼樣?
13|小費Gratuity
1. Did you give the gratuity to the waiter in the restaurant? 你有給餐廳服務生小費嗎?
2. Why did you give so much of a tip to the bartender? 你為什麼給酒保那麼多小費?
3. Why didn’t you accept the gratuity? 你為什麼沒收小費?
4. How much gratuity did you get from that man? 那人給你多少小費?
5. What do you think about this phenomenon of gratuity? 你怎麼看待小費這種現象?
休閒娛樂 Recreations
01|電影院 At a Cinema
1. What is the name of this film? 這部電影的名稱是什麼?
2. What do you think about today’s film? 你覺得今天的電影怎麼樣?
3. Do you often go to the cinema and watch films? 你經常去電影院看電影嗎?
4. Why do you like going to the cinema? 為什麼喜歡來電影院?
5. Which film do you want to see next time? 下次你想看什麼電影?
6. How may I help you? 我可以為你服務嗎?
02|運動比賽 At a (Sport) Stadium
1. Do you like sports? 你喜歡體育運動嗎?
2. Do you think working out is very important for us? 你認為健身對我們很重要嗎?
3. Do you usually go to the stadium? 你是否經常到體育館?
4. Do you think Chelsea will win the match? 你認為切爾西會贏得比賽嗎?
5. Do you think there must be a winner or loser in a match? 你認為比賽一定要有輸贏嗎?
6. Do you think that students in Taiwan should do more exercises? 你認為台灣學生需要加強運動嗎?
03|夜市殺價 At a Night market
1. What do you think about the night market? 你認為夜市怎麼樣?
2. Do you usually go to the night market? 你經常去逛夜市嗎?
3. Do you think the night market’s goods are very expensive? 你認為夜市的商品很貴嗎?
4. Do you know our country’s night market history? 你知道我國的夜市歷史嗎?
5. Do you think that our government should encourage people to go to the night market? 你認為我們的政府應該鼓勵大家到夜市消費嗎?
6. How much does the shirt cost in the night market? 這件上衣在夜市多少錢?
04|百貨公司 In a Department Store
1. When does the department Store close? 百貨公司什麼時候停止營業?
2. Excuse me, Where is the department store’s exit? 請問百貨公司的出口在哪裡?
3. What do you do in the department store? 你在百貨公司做什麼?
4. Where is Harrod’s department store? 哈洛德百貨公司在哪裡?
5. When was the department store built? 百貨公司是什麼時候建的?
6. How are the department store’s products? 百貨公司的商品怎麼樣?
05|化妝品 In a Cosmetic Shop
1. Do you know where I can buy cosmetics? 你知道我應該去哪裡買化妝品嗎?
2. How much does this set of cosmetics cost? 這一套化妝品多少錢?
3. Is this product good for my skin? 這個產品對我的皮膚好嗎?
4. Where can I pay for it? 我該在哪付錢?
5. How long is the validity of this product? 這個產品的保存期限是多久?
6. Can I change the product if I don’t like it? 如果我不喜歡,能否換貨?
06|KTV In a KTV
1. May I ask what you need to order? 請問你們需要點些什麼?
2. Where is the restroom? 請問洗手間在哪裡?
3. Could you give us a private room? 請問有包廂嗎?
4. What time does it close? 請問什麼時候關門?
5. How much it cost? 我們要付多少錢?
07|約會 On a Date
1. When does your date start? 你什麼時候去約會?
2. Where are you taking your date to? 你去哪裡約會?
3. Who are you dating? 你要和誰一起約會?
4. How was your date? 你的約會(對象)如何?
5. What will you wear on you date? 你約會時要穿什麼呢?
6. How was your date? 你的約會怎麼樣?
08|派對 At a Party
1. When will the party begin? 派對什麼時候開始?
2. Do you want to join the party? 你想參加這次派對嗎?
3. What is the party about? 這個什麼樣的派對?
4. Can I smoke at the party? 我能在派對抽菸嗎?
5. Who will go to the party with you? 誰和你一起參加派對?
6. Where is the party held? 派對在哪舉行?
09|夜店 In a Night Club
1. What do you want to drink? 你想喝點什麼呢?
2. Let’s go and find something to eat ,OK?我們去找點吃的東西,好嗎?
3. Would you like to dance with me? 你願意和我跳支舞嗎?
4. Do you often go to the night club? 你經常去夜店嗎?
5. Do you know how long this Night Club has been running? 你知道這家夜店經營多久了嗎?
6. Do you like the life of the Night Club? 你喜歡夜店生活嗎?
10|籃球場 On the Basketball Court
1. Who is that on the basketball court? 在籃球場上的哪個人是誰?
2. Do you want to play basketball with me? 你想和我一起打籃球嗎?
3. Why don’t you play basketball with us? 你為什麼不和我們一起打籃球?
4. When will we have a basketball game? 我們什麼時候有籃球比賽?
5. How many players are on the basketball court? 籃球場上有多少名隊員?
6. What are the scores of this game? 這場比賽比分是多少?
11|在警察局At the police station
1. What can I do for you? 有什麼需要幫忙的嗎?
2. What kind of wallet did you lose? 你弄丟的是什麼樣的皮夾?
3. What was in the wallet? 皮夾裡面有什麼?
4. Which one is Captain Fluellen? 誰是弗艾倫上尉?
5. Thank you for helping me find my car. 謝謝你幫我找回車子。
6. Where did you lose you ID card? 你的身份證在哪裡弄丟的?
12|在餐桌At the Dining table
1. Mom, can we have lunch now? 媽媽,現在可以吃午餐了嗎?
2. Why didn’t you have breakfast? 你為什麼沒吃早餐?
13|在客廳In the Living Room
1. What’s wrong with the TV? 電視怎麼了?
2. Did you watch the baseball match last night? 昨天晚上你看排球比賽了嗎?
3. What is your favorite program? 你最愛看什麼節目?
4. What’s on tonight? 今晚(電視)有什麼節目?
5. When does the sports program begin? 體育節目幾點開始?
6. What do you think about this commercial? 你認為這個廣告怎麼樣?
情緒表達 Travel Guides & Information
01|道別Saying Farewell
1. I must go now, see you! 我必須走了,再見!
2. I came here to say goodbye to you. 我是來跟你道別的。
3. See you. 再見。
4. It's very nice of you to see me off .But I have to say goodbye to you. 你能來送我真好,但我不得不說再見了。
5. Thank you for inviting me. But I must say goodbye now. 謝謝你的邀請,但我得說再見了。
6. I would have to say goodbye to you this time. 這次要真正和你說再見了。
02|迷路 Getting Lost
1. Excuse me. I’m afraid I got lost. Can you show me the way to the station? 對不起,我迷路了,請問您能告訴我去車站怎麼走嗎?
2. How can I go from here to the railway station? 從這裡要怎麼到火車站?
3. Excuse me. Is there a hospital nearby? 對不起,附近有醫院嗎?
4. Do you know where The Intercontinental Hotel is? 你知道洲際飯店在哪裡嗎?
5. Will it take long to get to the airport? 去機場要花很長時間嗎?
6. Where can I find the way to the library? 我怎樣才能找到去圖書館的路?
03|尋求意見asking for Opinions
1. Don’t you think it would be better to go out for a walk? 你不覺得出去走走會比較好嗎?
2. How can I improve my study? 我該如何讓學習成績進步?
3. what do you think about the classes at the school? 你對學校上課的意見是?
4. What’s your opinion about the exploration? 你對這次探險有什麼看法?
5. How do I improve my oral English ability? 怎樣才能提升我的英語口語能力?
6. How do I have a significant summer vacation? 要如何度過一個有意義的暑假?
04|表示建議Giving Advice
1. Shall we go out tomorrow? I don’t really feel like staying at home again. 我們明天出去走走好嗎?我真的不想再待在家中。
2. What is your suggestion to improve the library? 你對圖書館的建議是?
3. Why don’t we go to the exhibition? 為什麼我們不去參觀展覽?
4. How about going to visit Professor Landon this evening. 今天晚上去看看藍登教授怎麼樣?
5. Have you thought of going to the formal party tonight? 你今晚想不想去參加正式晚會?
6. I’ll give you a clear answer in ten days, is that okay? 十天後我將給你一個明確的答覆,好嗎?
05|說服他人 Convincing Others
1. Shall we go to the movies? I’m so bored. 我們去看電影吧?我好無聊喔。
2. Don’t be so sad, things cannot be that bad. 別那麼傷心,事情沒那麼糟糕。
3. I want to eat outside. Shall we go? 我想去外面用餐,我們走吧?
4. Why not choose the red one? It fits you better. 為什麼不選紅色的那件?那個更適合你。
5. Are you smoking a lot? You’d better give it up. 你常抽菸嗎?你最好戒菸。
6. I want to have my hair cut. What’s your idea? 我想剪頭髮,你覺得呢?
06|同意和不同意 Agreements & Disagreements
1. Miss Chao is a good teacher, do you agree? 趙小姐是個好老師,你同意嗎?
2. Let’s take the NO.15 bus to go downtown, OK? 我們搭乘15路公車去市區,好嗎?
3. How about the color of these clothes? Do you think pink is a good choice? 這些衣服的顏色如何?你覺得選粉紅色是個好主意嗎?
4. What should we eat? Noodles or dumplings? 我們該吃什麼呢?麵條或水餃?
5. Would you mind if I open the window? 你介意我打開窗戶嗎?
6. Could you stay quiet for a moment? 你能保持安靜一會嗎?
07|理解 Showing Understanding
1. Do you know the meaning of this word? 你知道這個單字的意思嗎?
2. The baby is sleeping, can you lower your voice? 小嬰兒正在睡覺,你說話能小聲一點嗎?
3. I’m so excited because of your beautiful present you gave me. 因為你送我的漂亮禮物讓我很興奮。
4. We’re going to be late, hurry up. 我們要遲到了,快點。
5. I’m tired. I worked all day. 我很累,我工作了一整天。
6. Kate failed the exam. 凱特沒通過考試。
08|比較Making Comparisons
1. Can you tell me the difference between the two books ? 你能告訴我這兩本書的不同之處嗎?
2. Do you think you are better at English than Paul is? 你覺得你的英文比保羅好嗎?
3. Who is the naughtiest boy in your class? 誰是你們班上最調皮的男孩呢?
4. Which dress is more beautiful? 那件洋裝比較好看?
5. What do you think about the new fabric? 你覺得這種新的布料如何?
6. What type of vehicle would you choose for your trip? 你們想乘什麼交通工具旅行?
09|舉例 Making Examples
1. What do you do on weekends? 你週末都做什麼呢?
2. Does the restaurant serve Korean or Japanese food? 這家餐廳供應韓國或日本料理嗎?
3. What’s your favorite food? 你最喜歡什麼菜?
4. What’s your favorite musical? 你最喜歡的音樂劇是什麼?
5. Can you tell me about some traditional festivals in Taiwan? 你能告訴我一些台灣的傳統節日嗎?
6. Can you tell me about Chinese heritage that is known around the world? 你能說出中國的世界遺產嗎?
10|解釋Making explanations
1. Why are you late for class? 你為什麼遲到呢?
2. Why is she crying like that? 她為什哭得那麼傷心呢?
3. Will you be able to come to my birthday party on Sunday night? 星期天晚上你能來參加我的生日派對嗎?
4. Why are you so tired today?你今天為什麼這麼累呢?
5. Why do you love him? 你為什麼喜歡他呢?
6. Why are you so slender? 你為什麼這麼苗條呢?
11|判斷Making judgments
1. What’s the weather tomorrow? 明天天氣怎樣?
2. What’s wrong with her? 她怎麼了?
3. Who is her younger brother? 誰是她弟弟?
4. How does the shirt look? 這件襯衫看起來如何?
5. Who broke the window? 誰打破窗戶?
6. Who is the author of that poem? Is it written by Robert Burns? 這首詩的作者是誰?是不是羅伯特·柏恩斯?
12|正確與錯誤True or False
1. I heard Grace is married. Is that true? 聽說葛瑞絲結婚了,是真的嗎?
2. The earth travels around the Sun, is that true? 地球圍繞太陽轉,對嗎?
3. Can you check the form for me please? 你可以幫我檢查一下這張表格嗎?
4. We don’t have any plans for this Saturday, do we? 我們這個星期六沒什麼計畫吧?
5. Does a violin have four strings? 小提琴有四根弦嗎?
6. Is this an iPhone? 這是iPhone手機嗎?
13|相信和不相信 Belief & Disbelief
1. Do you believe that in the year 2012 the world will come to an end? 你相信二○一二年世界會毀滅嗎?
2. Do you trust John to be in charge? 你把所有事都交給約翰管嗎?
3. Do you believe that she is Obama’s relative? 你相信她是歐巴馬的親戚嗎?
4. I have already finished all of my work. Can you believe it? 我已經完成所有工作,你相信嗎?
5. Why don’t you go to see the doctor? 你怎麼不去看醫生?
6. I should have handed in my homework yesterday, but I had a headache. Could you pardon me? 昨天我就應該交作業,但我昨天頭痛,你能原諒我嗎?
14|決定 Making Decisions
1. Have you heard about the English speech contest this year? 你聽說今年的英語演講比賽了嗎?
2. What did you decide to do for tomorrow? 你明天決定做什麼?
3. Who will help you to decide? 誰要幫你做決定?
4. So, what is your decision? 你的決定是什麼?
5. How about going on a picnic next weekend? 下個週末去野餐如何?
6. Have you settled on when to set off? 你決定何時出發了嗎?
15|愛情 Love
1. When was the first time you fell in love? 你的初戀是什麼時候?
2. There are so many girls at the party, aren’t there? 派對有很多女孩子,不是嗎?
3. What do you think about your date? 你覺得你的約會對象如何?
4. What type of love do you think is most important? 你認為那種感情最重要?
5. How do you maintain a romantic relationship as a married couple? 作為夫妻,你們如何保持浪漫?
6. How long have you and your wife been married? 你和老婆結婚多久了?
16|友情friendship
1. How do you get along with your new friend?你和你的新朋友相處的怎樣?
2. I thought I’d drop in to see how you’re doing. How is it going? 我順道過來看看你的近況如何,你最近怎麼樣?
3. I have a headache. Who can help me? 我的頭很痛。誰可以幫我呀?
4. There’s something wrong with my original plan. What should I do? 我原本的計畫出了問題,我該怎麼辦呢?
5. Here’s something for you! 這裡有東西給你!
6. Who is your best friend in your class? 你們班上誰是你最好的朋友?
17|稱讚 Giving Complements
1. Why did you give him compliments? 你為什麼稱讚他?
2. What do you think the poem praises? 這首詩在歌頌什麼?
3. How about his cooking skill? 他的烹飪技術如何?
4. How is the student doing in your class? 這位學生在你們班表現如何?
5. What do you think about my coat? 你覺得我的外套怎麼樣?
6. What do you think about his performance? 你覺得他的表演如何?
18|鼓勵 Showing Encouragements
1. Who seems to be able to encourage you in your life? 在你的生活中,誰似乎最能帶給你鼓勵?
2. What seems to encourage you the most? 什麼狀況最能鼓勵你?
3. How do you feel after getting encouraged? 得到鼓勵後,你覺得如何?
4. What do you usually say to encourage others? 鼓勵別人時你會說什麼?
5. Spelling is too difficult for me. 拼字對我來說太難了。
6. I’m afraid I’ll fail the oral test. 我怕口試會不及格。
19|祝福 Giving Blessings
1. Have I passed the exam? 我通過考試了嗎?
2. I must go now. 我該離開了。
3. I just was discharged from the hospital. 我剛出院。
4. Today is my wedding anniversary. 今天是我的結婚紀念日。
使用說明
作者序
交談禮儀 Daily Conversations
01|打招呼Saying Hello
1. How are you doing? 最近好嗎?
2. How’s your day? 今天過得怎麼樣?
3. How’s it going? 近況如何?
4. How do you do? 你好嗎?
5. Hello! 哈囉!
6. How are you? 你好嗎?
02|天氣 Talking about The weather
1. How is the weather? 天氣如何?
2. The weather seems sunny today. What should I wear? 今天天氣似乎很好。我該穿什麼呢?
3. It looks like it is raining. What should I wear? 看起來要下雨。我該穿什麼呢?
4. Is the...
商品資料
出版社:我識出版社出版日期:2011-07-06ISBN/ISSN:9789866163296 語言:繁體中文For input string: ""
裝訂方式:平裝頁數:256頁
購物須知
退換貨說明:
會員均享有10天的商品猶豫期(含例假日)。若您欲辦理退換貨,請於取得該商品10日內寄回。
辦理退換貨時,請保持商品全新狀態與完整包裝(商品本身、贈品、贈票、附件、內外包裝、保證書、隨貨文件等)一併寄回。若退回商品無法回復原狀者,可能影響退換貨權利之行使或須負擔部分費用。
訂購本商品前請務必詳閱退換貨原則。