章節試閱
Chapter 1 初診病人就醫科別篇(章標)
皮膚科掛號建議對話(大標)
(以下內文皆先放英文後中文)
護理師:你好!
Nurse: Good morning.
病人:你好!
Patient: Good morning.
護理師:你要看病嗎?
Nurse: Do you want to see a doctor?
病人:是的,在哪兒掛號?
Patient: Yes, where shall I register?
護理師:這兒,你從前來過嗎?
Nurse: Here, have you been here before?
病人:沒有。
Patient: No, this is my first visit.
護理師:你有掛號表嗎?
Nurse: Have you a registration card?
病人:沒有。
Patient: No.
護理師:你今天哪里不舒服?
Nurse: What's wrong with you today?
病人:我渾身起紅疹,癢得厲害。
Patient: I have a rash all over my body. It itches badly.
護理師:我想你應當先看皮膚科大夫。
Nurse: I think you should see a dermatologist first.
內科掛號建議對話(大標)
護士:早上好!
Nurse:Good morning.
病人:你好!
Patient:Good morning.
護士:請問哪里不舒服?
Nurse:What seems to be the problem?
病人:高燒,感覺糟透了。
Patient:I’m running a high fever and feeling terribly bad.
護士:這種情況出現有多久了?
Nurse:How long have you had the problem?
病人:從昨晚開始的。
Patient:Since last night.
護士:您以前來過我們醫院嗎?
Nurse:Well, have you ever been to the hospital before?
病人:沒有。
Patient:No.
護士:好的,那麼您得先填寫這張掛號表。比如您的年齡、性別、住址等等。
Nurse: O. K. In that case, you have to fill in this registration card. Your age, gender, address and things like that.
病人:沒問題。請問我應該掛哪ㄧ科?
Patient:No problem. Which department should I register with, madam?
護士:您最好掛內科。
Nurse:You’d better go to the medical department.
病人:表填好,給你。
Patient:Here is my registration card.
護士:謝謝。掛號費是一元。
Nurse:Thank you. The registration fee is one Yuan.
病人:好的。請問我該怎麼走?
Patient:Fine. But can you tell me how to get to the medical department,please?
護士:內科在五樓,你可以坐電梯上去。上樓後向右走,左邊有牌子。
Nurse:It’s on the fifth floor. You can take a lift. Then take a right turn. You can see the sign on your left.
病人:多謝了
Patient:Thanks a lot.
護士:不客氣。
Nurse:You're welcome.
Chapter 2 病史詢問及症狀評估篇(章標)
初次住院病人建議對話(大標)
護士:我從你的病歷中得知,你10年前曾因甲狀腺功能障礙住過院。
Nurse: I see from your notes you were in hospital ten years ago with thyroid trouble.
病人:對,是這樣的。現在我罹患了胃部疾病,我的醫生介紹我到您這裏來看病。
Patient:Yes, that's right. And now I've got stomach trouble and my doctor sent me here.
護士:自從得了甲狀腺疾病以來,有出現那些症狀?
Nurse: What has actually been happening since the thyroid trouble?
病人:症狀可多呢。這一年來,我精神非常不好。
Patient:All sorts of things. I've been feeling very depressed for a year.
護士:看過醫生嗎?
Nurse: Did you go to your doctor?
病人:難受時看過。他讓我服用Valium(藥名),使我鎮靜。但我整天昏昏欲睡,
除了睡覺外,什麼事也做不了。
Patient:Yes, when it got bad. He gave me some Valium tablets to slow me down but they slowed me to a halt. I didn't do anything but sleep.
護士:還有其他症狀嗎?
Nurse: Did they affect you in any other way?
病人:有,我最近消化不良。
Patient:Yes. I got indigestion.
護士:醫生給你吃過什麼藥嗎?
Nurse: Did he give you anything for that?
病人:有,他有給我開藥,我吃了就好了。
Patient:Yes. He gave me some medicine and then it was all right.
護士:消化系統怎麼不舒服?
Nurse: How does the indigestion affect you?
病人:吃進的東西都卡在這裏(指胸部)。
Patient:All the food stays up here (indicating chest.)
護士:什麼時候覺得難受。
Nurse: When do you get it?
病人:飯後兩三個小時。
Patient:Two to three hours after food.
護士:怎麼不舒服?疼痛嗎?
Nurse: What is it like? A pain?
病人:是的,很痛。
Patient:Yes, a pain.
護士:怎麼個痛法?灼熱痛還是刺痛?
Nurse: What kind? Burning, stabbing?
病人:很像是腸胃脹氣,我想把氣排掉。
Patient:It feels like some wind there and I want to get rid of it.
護士:會打嗝嗎?
Nurse: Do you belch?
病人:不常打嗝。
Patient:Not much.
護士:夜裡也會不舒服嗎?
Nurse: Does it bother you at night?
病人:不。
Patient: No.
護士:飢餓時發作嗎?
Nurse: It comes on when you are hungry?
病人:對,饑餓時胃部特別痛,如果不馬上吃些東西,我就支撐不住。
Patient: Yes, I have a terrible pain in my stomach and I feel I'll collapse if I don't eat straight away.
護士:胃口怎麼樣?
Nurse: How is your appetite?
病人:很差。
Patient:Very poor.
護士:胃口一向不好嗎?
Nurse:Did you always have a bad one?
病人:不,10年前才開始惡化。
Patient: No, it started to deteriorate ten years ago.
護士:近幾個月變化大嗎?
Nurse: Has it changed much in the last few months?
病人:服藥後,食物能夠往下走,我也會感覺到餓了?
Patient: I think the medicine must push the food down and then I fell hungry?
護士:你體重如何?
Nurse: What about your weight?
病人:體重在下降。
Patient: I'm losing weight.
護士:現在體重是多少?
Nurse: How much do you weight now?
病人:113磅。
Patient: 113 pounds.
護士:一年前體重是多少?
Nurse: And how much did you weigh a year ago?
病人:126磅
Patient: 126 pounds.
護士:大便情況如何?
Nurse: What about your bowels?
病人:很不好。
Patient: Terrible.
護士:怎麼不好?
Nurse: In what way?
病人:常常便秘。
Patient: I'm constipated.
護士:幾天大便一次?
Nurse: How often do you have them opened?
病人:只有吃藥後才會大便。
Patient: Only when I take medicine.
護士:每天都解大便嗎?
Nurse: Every day?
病人:不,隔一天一次。
Patient: No, every other day.
護士:天氣暖和時,你難受嗎?
Nurse: Does warm weather affect you?
病人:不,我喜歡溫暖氣候, 我很少出汗。
Patient: No. I prefer warm weather. I sweat less.
護士:你經常出汗嗎?
Nurse: Do you always sweat?
病人:是的,最近出汗比較多了。
Patient: Yes, but more recently.
護士:是全身出汗嗎?
Nurse: All over your body?
病人:是的。
Patient: Yes, all over.
護士:你會覺得抑鬱、不安、急躁和愛激動嗎?
Nurse: Do you feel depressed, nervous, edgy, and irritable?
病人:是的,找到工作之前,我的病情更嚴重。
Patient: I was worse before I got my job.
護士:這樣多久了?
Nurse: When did you start that?
病人:一個月前。
Patient: A month ago.
護士:你一直坐立不安、雙手顫抖嗎?
Nurse: Have you been fidgety, have your hands been shaky?
病人:我到這裏時就是這樣。
Patient: When I was coming here.
護士:是在精神緊張的時候發作嗎?
Nurse: At times of stress?
病人:對,或者惹我生氣時。
Patient: Yes. And when something riles me.
護士:眼睛有什麼毛病嗎?
Nurse: Any trouble with your eyes?
病人:沒有。
Patient: No.
護士:月經規律嗎?
Nurse: Periods regular?
病人:有了孩子後,每個月都有來。
Patient: Every month since I had my baby.
護士:那是什麼時候?
Nurse: When was that?
病人:五年以前。
Patient: Five years ago.
護士:你感到躁動不安嗎?
Nurse: Do you feel restless?
病人:未找到工作以前,我一直無法集中精神,如今不得不專心工作。
Patient: I couldn't concentrate till I got my job but now I have to,
護士:你還有別的感覺嗎?
Nurse: Is there anything else you've noticed?
病人:沒有。
Patient: No.
護士:家中還有別人有罹患甲狀腺疾病嗎?
Nurse: Has anyone in your family had thyroid trouble?
病人:沒有。我有一個姐姐和兩個兄弟。
Patient: No. I have one sister and two brothers.
護士:他們都還好嗎?
Nurse: Are they well?
病人:是的。
Patient: Yes.
門診病人建議對話(大標)
護士:你好,我是Lily。
Nurse : Hi, I’m Lily.
患孩母親:你好,Lili。
Mother: Hi, Lily.
護士:Sarah今天不舒服,是不是腹痛得厲害?
Nurse: Sarah is very unhappy! Is it because she has a very bad tummy ache?
患孩母親:她這樣已經連續三天了。三小時前她還解稀水便了。
Mother: She’s been like that for 3 days and nights already. 3 hours ago she also developed with runny stool.
護士:可憐的Sarah,你一定也累壞了吧?嗨,Sarah!看我給你帶來什麼好玩的?我需要幫她測一下體溫和體重。看看她的體溫是否正常?測量體重是為了計算她所需要的藥物劑量。
Nurse: Poor mum and Sarah, both of you must be exhausted now! Hey, Sarah, look what I‘ve got here? I need to check her temperature and weight. So we would know how much she is deviated from normal, and the body weight is to help us to calculate the fluid replacement for her later.
患孩母親:好的,謝謝你。你請測吧。
Mother: Oh. Thank you! Please go ahead whatever you need to do.
護士:Smith太太,幫她測量體溫和體重時,我需要你的幫忙。
Nurse: Mrs. Smith, I need your help to take her temperature and weigh her.
患孩母親:當然可以。我該怎麼做?
Mother: Oh yes, of course! Please tell me what to do.
護士:這是數字體溫表,你把這個體溫表放在她的腋下。如聽到嘟嘟聲就可以拿出來了,嘟嘟聲表示溫度測好了。
Nurse: Here is the Digital Thermometer with the disposable cover, would you please hold it underneath her armpit until we hear a “beep, beep” sound, that means the measurement is ready for recording.
……
護士:看,很快吧。嗯,她體溫有點高。Sarah有喝水嗎?有嘔吐嗎?要看看她身體是否有脫水現象。請跟我到體重計上,我們要給她測體重。
Nurse: See, it’s very fast, Hmm! It’s a little bit higher than normal. Has Sarah not drinking or having vomiting as well? Need to assess the hydration status of this type of patient. Now would you follow me to the scale, for we need to weigh her.
……
患孩母親:她尿布又弄髒了,哪裡有換尿布的地方?
Mother: She is making a very dirty diaper (nappy), where can I change her?
護士:沒關係,請跟我來。這裡有提供嬰兒換尿布的檯面,還有水。你看好Sarah,我去拿濕紙巾給她擦屁股。讓我看看她屁股有發炎嗎?還好沒有。可能是因為她一拉肚子你就給她收拾乾淨了。對不起,你能把這尿布給我嗎?我要留著給醫生看看。這是給Sarah的玩具,你可以把她毛衣外的衣服脫掉。因為她發燒,適當少一點的衣服會使她覺得舒服。這裡的房間很暖和,不用擔心她會感冒。我認為現在不要給她水喝,等醫師幫她做全身檢查了再說。
Nurse: It doesn’t matter; please follow me to the room, where we have the changing table and the water supply. Please stay with Sarah at all times, I’ll help you to get the wet towel to clean her bottom, oh let me see how sore her bottom is? Luckily is not too bad! May be because the run just started and you managed to clean her cautiously. By the way would you please give me the dirty nappy, let we save it for the doctor to have a look later! Here is the toy for Sarah, and please remove the top layers of the wooly clothes. As she is running a fever with less clothing she’ll be more comfortable. The room temperature here is quite warm so don’t worry that she may catch a cold. For at the moment I don’t think we can offer her any drink yet, until thoroughly examined by the doctor.
患孩母親:非常感謝。
Mother: Thanks a lot.
急診病人建議對話(大標)
病人:護士,我今天感覺不太舒服。
Patient:Nurse,I'm not feeling well today.
護士:您哪裡不舒服?
Nurse:Where don't you feel well?
病人:我肚子疼。
Patient: I have a pain in my abdomen.
護士:疼痛持續多久了?
Nurse: How long have you had it?
病人:早晨開始的,起初我覺得胃疼。
Patient: It started in the morning. At the beginning I have a stomachache.
護士:持續多久了?
Nurse: How long did it last?
病人:大約3小時,但今天下午移至右下腹部,有5個小時了。
Patient: About 3 hours, but this afternoon it moved to the right lower part of the abdomen for 5 hours.
護士:您會想吐嗎?
Nurse: Have you had any vomiting?
病人:只有噁心。
Patient: I have only nausea.
護士:您有腹瀉嗎?
Nurse: Have you any diarrhea?
病人:沒有。
Patient: No.
護士:發燒呢?
Nurse: Any fever?
病人:我不知道。
Patient: I don't know.
護士:我給您量一下體溫。好了,有點發燒。
Nurse: Let me take your temperature. All right, you have a slight fever.
護士:請躺在床上,鬆開腰帶,讓醫師檢查您的腹部。
Nurse: Please lie down on the bed, loosen your belt, please. Let the doctor examine you abdomen.
病人:謝謝。
Patient: Thank you.
護士:不要緊張,儘量放鬆。
Nurse: Don't be nervous and try to relax.
病人:好的。
Patient: All right.
護士:醫師說您需要取血液檢體做化驗。
Nurse: The doctor said you need to collect a specimen of blood for examination.
病人:好的。
Patient: Yes.
護士:您的驗血結果,白血球18,000。
Nurse: The result of your blood test tells us that your white blood cell count is 18000.
病人:我明白了,謝謝。
Patient: I see,thank you.
護士:醫師說您罹患急性闌尾炎。
Nurse: The doctor said that you had acute appendicitis.
病人:天啊,我感到害怕。
Patient: Oh,I am scared.
護士:不用怕,您一定會好轉的。醫師說您必須接受手術治療。現在請您簽手術同意書,表示您同意醫師為您做手術。
Nurse: Don't be afraid, you will recover. The doctor said that you have to have an operation. So, please sign your name on the consent form to say that you agree to the doctor operation on you.
病人:我一定會配合的。
Patient: I'll co-operate.
護士:謝謝您的合作。
Nurse: Thanks for your co-operation.
Chapter 1 初診病人就醫科別篇(章標)
皮膚科掛號建議對話(大標)
(以下內文皆先放英文後中文)
護理師:你好!
Nurse: Good morning.
病人:你好!
Patient: Good morning.
護理師:你要看病嗎?
Nurse: Do you want to see a doctor?
病人:是的,在哪兒掛號?
Patient: Yes, where shall I register?
護理師:這兒,你從前來過嗎?
Nurse: Here, have you been here before?
病人:沒有。
Patient: No, this is my first visit.
護理師:你有掛號表嗎?
Nurse: Have you a registration card?
病人:沒有。
Patient...
作者序
前言
本書之特色為設計於某特定情境脈絡下,提供醫護人員與病人或家屬之對話,以中英文對照方式呈現,使臨床護理人員或護理科學生易於了解臨床常用之英語會話及各科慣用字彙,增加其對醫護英語的實用能力。全書含概六大篇,分別為初診篇、病史詢問及症狀評估篇、住院照護篇、內外科病人指導篇、婦產科病人指導篇、小兒科病人指導篇,各篇中包含數章不同照護主題,每章內容依據情境、對話、文章選讀及字彙編排,期使閱讀對象學習實用性之醫護對話,並深化其對各科常用字彙之敏感度。
民國84年自高雄醫學院畢後後,於台大醫院新生兒加護病房擔任護理師工作,86年因緣轉棧至護理科任教,曾經教授之科目包含基本護理學、基本護理學實驗、護理學導論、醫學術語及護理報告撰寫等課程,基於自身對英文的興趣,曾參與數本教科書翻譯,翻譯之著作包括:基本護理學、兒科護理學、居家護理手冊及社區護理學等。
回顧美國求學返國至今已十年,近年來各校護理科依據教育部發展系科本位課程,教師們無不藉由臨床護理人員的需求,省思何種課程內容最能符合臨床所需。書寫本書之構想源起於護理科與學生的教學互動經驗,曾有多數學生表示對英文戒慎恐懼,民國89~91年我因教授醫學術語課程,發現大多醫學術語教材著重在醫學縮寫及字詞解說,缺乏具脈絡性及實用性之對話,僅以縮寫字彙教導學生學習,往往導致學生學過即忘。而教育部訂之英文課雖占課程許多學分,但往往偏重一般語言學的學習,以文法結構及一般英語為其主要內容,無法滿足護士或護理科學生醫護專業對話的需求。此外,多位臨床護理科主管表示,臨床護理人員對於臨床醫學字彙缺乏孰悉度,致使醫療專業成員間的溝通常常出現溝通不良之情景。因此在與幾位教師討論後,萌生書寫一本適合臨床護理人員及專科生閱讀之護理會話書籍。
正式開始進行本書的書寫在民國94年,為使內容中英文的表達更具完整性與正確性,本書除護理教師的參與,更邀請英文教師成為本書之作者群,共同負責英文內容之撰寫,以確保閱讀人員獲得正確的學習材料。然作者群於書寫過程中因為某些事件的耽擱,使此書的出版遲遲未能付梓,幸好五南圖書公司的積極與鼎力支持,才使其有出版的一天,在此特為感謝五南圖書公司的用心與支持。相信本書的出版,對於臨床護理人員及護理科學生無論在自學或是課室學習醫護英語都能助益匪淺。
洪慧真
前言
本書之特色為設計於某特定情境脈絡下,提供醫護人員與病人或家屬之對話,以中英文對照方式呈現,使臨床護理人員或護理科學生易於了解臨床常用之英語會話及各科慣用字彙,增加其對醫護英語的實用能力。全書含概六大篇,分別為初診篇、病史詢問及症狀評估篇、住院照護篇、內外科病人指導篇、婦產科病人指導篇、小兒科病人指導篇,各篇中包含數章不同照護主題,每章內容依據情境、對話、文章選讀及字彙編排,期使閱讀對象學習實用性之醫護對話,並深化其對各科常用字彙之敏感度。
民國84年自高雄醫學院畢後後,於台大...
目錄
Chapter 1 初診病人就醫科別篇
內科掛號實用對話
皮膚科掛號實用對話
Chapter 2 病史詢問及症狀評估篇
門診病人實用對話
急診病人實用對話
初次住院病人實用對話
Chapter 3 住院病人日常照護篇
靜脈注射時實用對話
給藥時實用對話
眼科護理實用對話
牙科護理實用對話
中醫護理實用對話
Chapter 4 內外科病人衛教指導篇
糖尿病護理指導實用對話
慢性阻塞性肺部病病護理指導實用對話
腦部損傷護理指導實用對話
皰疹護理指導實用對話
Chapter 5 婦產科病人衛教指導篇
產前檢查護理指導實用對話
產後憂鬱護理指導
Chapter 6 小兒科病人衛教指導篇
新生兒護理指導實用對話
早產兒護理指導實用對話
腸胃炎護理指導實用對話
頭部外傷護理指導實用對話
發燒護理指導實用對話
Chapter 7 公共衛生護理基礎概論篇
附錄
醫學名詞背誦技巧
延伸閱讀
動動腦時間
醫學名詞單字卡
Chapter 1 初診病人就醫科別篇
內科掛號實用對話
皮膚科掛號實用對話
Chapter 2 病史詢問及症狀評估篇
門診病人實用對話
急診病人實用對話
初次住院病人實用對話
Chapter 3 住院病人日常照護篇
靜脈注射時實用對話
給藥時實用對話
眼科護理實用對話
牙科護理實用對話
中醫護理實用對話
Chapter 4 內外科病人衛教指導篇
糖尿病護理指導實用對話
慢性阻塞性肺部病病護理指導實用對話
腦部損傷護理指導實用對話
皰疹護理指導實用對話
Chapter 5 婦產科...